Sunday, June 8, 2014

My Thoughts


This year was the seventh annual Google Doodle contest, which I entered my artwork in. Though I didn't win (not even a runner-up), I wanted to share with you the winner's doodle. It's amazing! Plus, Google animated it.

Click here to see the U.S. winner for this year's contest!

I also wanted to share a few books with you. First of all, I really enjoy reading Kathryn Lasky's books. She has written the Guardians of Ga'Hoole series, Wolves of the Beyond, Royal Diaries series, and more.

Here are some links related to her.

About Kathryn Lasky
Her Website

I am reading her Wolves of the Beyond series at the moment, and I'm on the last book! She also has a series detailing the owl's lives apart from the wolves (I have the first book; I checked it out from the library). I really admire her imagination. Her Royal Diaries series is also interesting. Again, from the library, I have her Jahanara (Indian princess) and Elizabeth I (A Tudor) books. They are historical fiction books, and they are fascinating.

If you are into more lighthearted titles, see Shel Silverstein. He wrote the most beautifully humorous poems I have read. His book The Giving Tree is a story that is sure to touch you, but it's not as funny as some of his poems, such as "Sick" or "Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too".

These are just my suggestions. Feel free to read what you enjoy. But keep reading! :-)

- Riya

No comments:

Post a Comment