Friday, June 6, 2014

Last Day of School...

I know most schools have their last days next week, but my school has it today, June 6. I'd just like to say that I will miss everyone so much...no matter who you are, what gender you are, what you've said to me...especially the 8th graders, who I may never see again. These two and a half months will seem like years...well, besides the fact that I have a billion places to be at once. A dance performance, a wedding, summer camp, and India, in the sweltering heat. Um...Not exactly what I believe a perfect vacation is, but — I can do this! Actually, I'm not so sure... :-)

Quite a few people from my school are leaving; that means they won't be here next year, and I will miss them the most. I'm actually surprised at the amount of people that are going. I feel bad for them, too, many of them are terribly dejected at the prospect of leaving.

Words cannot express the complicated feelings I am feeling right now. I am proud of myself, but I know I can do better. I feel wistful at the thought leaving, but enthusiastic at the thought of returning. School is really like my second home. In fact, I spend more time at school than at home!

You guys are all awesome and I am so lucky to know all of you. Thank you so much for all the unforgettable experiences we've had together!

Lots of love,
Riya

No comments:

Post a Comment