Monday, July 13, 2015

Introducing SoapsByRiya!

This post explains what inspired me to open SoapsByRiya, and why you should be buying natural skincare products rather than drugstore brands.

So...I already posted on Google+ about this, but I just wanted to draw your attention to the Etsy widget I added to my blog. You can see it under my profile on the sidebar. Look to the right of the page. Yeah.

Basically I started this shop to share my new-found love of handmade soaps and lip balms with other people. I just think they make adorable gifts, but they're still a nice change from drugstore products. I try to make sure all my soap bars are sulfate-free (if they're not, it will say so in the description).

Sodium lauryl sulfate (sulfate for short) is a chemical found in many soaps, shampoos, and conditioners you can buy at most drugstores or grocery stores. It is added to create lather, which is the foam that comes off the soap bar when you use it. However, it isn't good for your skin, neither is it good for the environment when it goes down the drain. For this reason, it's better to buy handmade or sulfate-free soaps.

Any colorants added to soaps are free of irritants, chemicals, and additives. Natural color is used whenever possible. Lip balms I sell are not colored. Any color present comes from the pure essential oil that is added. Essential oil comes directly from a fruit, herb, or plant. No fake stuff. All my soaps are non-toxic, but please, don't eat them. It's just not a good idea.

Some soap bars, such as the Lavender Soap Bar (see image below), contain real herbs. These herbs are not preserved or altered in anyway from their natural state.

Please check it out at Etsy - SoapsByRiya.

NOTE: My mom is the legal owner of the shop and helps me out from time to time, but I create and photograph all the products you see in my shop.

Like, comment, and share if you like what you see!

Feedback and constructive criticism is definitely appreciated and encouraged! :) 


Lavender Soap Bar


Lavender and Peppermint Body Bar

No comments:

Post a Comment