Sunday, January 4, 2015

A dog-rabbit duo to keep you company this Flu Year!

I keep coming up with ideas and ideas, but I never do anything. I actually have a sticky note on my desktop where I write down any blog post idea I come up with. But eventually I just end up doing some random last-minute post about nothing in particular. So, I'm sorry. For not posting since December 12. This sounds hilarious. Anyway, to the point.

Ever since I discovered a book of  Calvin and Hobbes comics my cousin was reading, I've always loved the unique nature of comics. Don't get me wrong, I've always loved to read, and I spend time on my laptop, too, but comics are actually pretty cool. They're not as long or time-consuming as books, they don't have much negative effect on your eyes*, and they express a simple, often humorous message through illustrations! Here is another comic I have read often without knowing it was actually a comic...if that makes any sense...

It's by shoeboxblog.com, and it's called Chuck and Beans. Below are some of my favorites.



Yup, that's me...unfortunately.









Also, this year started out a "Flu Year" for a reason. This Christmas, my family and I visited my cousins in Virginia. The trip was so much fun, and everyone was cheerful, until my mom suddenly fell sick with 102-degree fever. The day before our flight. For which we were supposed to leave for at around 6:30 A.M. So with a lot of difficulty, my family managed to change the flight to the evening. Then my dad also started feeling sick. By the time we all got home, my whole family was sick, and one of my cousins had extremely high fever. From that point on, everybody on the trip, except my aunt, had fever at least once. We came back on the 30th, and it was not until yesterday that we began feeling better. My mom told me it must have been the flu that we caught somewhere in D.C. Whatever it was—it's nine, my room is a mess, and it's a school night. So I sign off. Enjoy the comics, and of course, happy new year (better late than never)!


*compared to a computer/TV screen. Obviously if you read with dim light or in elaborate sitting/sleeping positions where the book isn't at the right distance from your face, then your eyes won't be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment